To follow the Armed Forces’Healthcare Service policy and the regulations of the Central Government’s Health Administration, we strive to provide top quality medical care services to the military and civilian sectors to ensure their good health.
Our hospital is a medical care center for the military and has been certified as a regional teaching hospital by the Department of Health (DOH) of the Executive Yuan. Our physicians are all qualified and skilled in medical practice as well as teaching, with nine certified scholars on the staff.
Our facilities include advanced equipment and progressive medical research laboratories as well as a comfortable medical environment, and even a spacious parking lot as part of our service to patients.
The hospital also has more consumer-friendly innovations such as a network which offers the public full medical service and accurate health information. We also have the latest dial-in automated appointment system for patients to minimize waiting time. Our med-care teams also go out regularly to serve suburban villages with our leading medical resources.
We completely rebuilt our old OPD and ER buildings to promote the quality of our service to patients. We provide up-to-date analysis and treatment in our. dialysis center, cardiac intervention center, chronic respiratory center and other facilities, to provide the best medical service to people from every part of Taiwan, to improve communication and understanding between patients and physicians, and to keep our patients satisfied.
1946 “Military Taichung General Hospital” was founded in Chengdu, mainland China, as the”104th Combined Services Base Hospital”.
1949 Reorganized as the “Eighth Armed Forces General Hospital of the MND” in Taiwan, Penghu County.
1950 Renamed the “Third General Hospital of the Combined Services & Armed Forces” in Taiwan, Taichung City.
1952 Renamed the “Third General Hospital for the Combined Services General Headquarters” in Taiwan, Taichung City.
1955 Renamed the “Third Army General Hospital” in Taiwan, Taichung City.
1960 Reorganized as the “803rd Army General Hospital” in Taiwan, Taichung City.
1980 Moved to Taichung County.
1995 Reorganized as the “803rd Military General Hospita”.
1998 The present name, “Military Taichung General Hospital” was adopted.
To provide medical treatment to our officers, government troops and their dependents, as well as those insured under National Health Insurance.
To offer portable medicare to troops and the poor in rural areas.
As a Class 2 teaching hospital, we are dedicated to the field of military medicine.
We strive to achieve the goals of high quality in patient care, clinical teaching and medical research, and provide best services for the public in the central area of Taiwan.