Division of Rheumatology
The division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy (RIA) is the latest and established subspecialty in the Department of Internal Medicine. The progression of the autoimmune or rheumatic disease can usually affect the whole body of human with multiple different manifestations. The division of RIA may be divided into three parts including rheumatism, autoimmune diseases and allergic diseases. Numerous clinical signs and symptoms are usually found among these patients with autoimmune diseases, and misdiagnosis or delay diagnosis may be observed. The division of RIA has been established in Taichung Armed Forces General Hospital by Professor Deng-Ho Yang for the increasing needs of different autoimmune or rheumatic diseases since 2009. The development of RIA may improve the medical quality of the internal medicine of Taichung Armed Forces General Hospital, and the hospital ma become the guardian of military and civilian health.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, polymyositis/dermatomyositis, sjogren’s syndrome, mixed connective tissue disease.
- Seronegative spondylitis: ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, inflammatory enteritis.
- Crystalline arthritis: gout, pseudogout.
- Soft tissue rheumatism: Myofascial pain, tendinitis, synovitis, Fibromyalgia, paroxysmal rheumatism.
- Infection: septic arthritis, Cellulitis
- Vasculitis: cutaneous vasculitis, systemic vasculitis, Behcet’s disease, cryoglobulinemia.
- Allergy-related diseases: allergic rhinitis, urticaria, atopic dermatitis, drug allergy, food allergy.
- Autoimmune diseases and steroid-related osteoporosis
The equipments in the Division of RIA
The studies include rheumatoid factor, ANA, serum complement, acute inflammatory response protein (CRP/ESR), immunoglobulin, anti-dsDNA, ANCA , anti-phospholipid antibodis, ENA antibodies, joint fluid analysis, specific allergen serum examination, skeletal muscle ultrasound.
The Doctor in the division of RIA
- Director, Department of Laboratory, Taichung Armed Forces General Hospital
- Chief, Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Department of Internal Medicine, Taichung Armed Forces General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
- Associate Professor, School of Medicine, National Defense Medical Center
- Associate Professor, Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology, Central Taiwan University of Science and Technology
- D., Institute of Medicine, Chung-Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
- D., National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
- Taiwan Society of Internal Medicine
- Taiwan Rheumatology Association
- The Chinese Society of Immunology
- The Taiwanese Osteoporosis Association
- Deng-Ho Yang, Deh-Ming Chang, Jenn-Haung Lai, San-Yuan Kuo, Tsung-Yun Hou, Kang-Min Lin, Chen-Hung Chen. Etanercept as a rescue agent in patient with adult onset Still’s disease complicated with congestive heart failure. Rheumatol Int. 2008; 29: 95-8. (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang, Wei-Chou Chang, Wu-Hsien Kuo, Wen-Hsiu Hsu, Chun-Yuh Teng, Yang-Guo Fan. Spontaneous internal herniation through the greater omentum. Abdom Imaging. 2009; 34:731-3. (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang, Deh-Ming Chang, Jenn-Haung Lai, Fu-Huang Lin, Chen-Hung Chen. Usefulness of erythrocyte-bound C4d as a biomarker to predict disease activity in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2009; 48:1083-7. (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang, Wei-Chou Chang, Ming-Fang Cheng, Jenn-Haung Lai, Deh-Ming Chang, Chen-Hung Chen. Peripheral arthritis caused by Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare in a patient with ankylosing spondylitis. J Clin Rheumatol. 2009; 15: 323-4. (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang, Deh-Ming Chang, Jenn-Haung Lai, Fu-Huang Lin, Chen-Hung Chen. Significantly higher percentage of circulating CD27 high plasma cells in systemic lupus erythematosus patients with infection than with disease flare-up. Yonsei Med J. 2010; 51:924-31. (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang. Presentation of peripheral CD27++ plasma cells in systemic lupus erythematosus patients. Ann Rheum Dis. 2011 Jan 3 (eLetters). (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang, Deh-Ming Chang, Jenn-Haung Lai, Guo-Shu Huang, Wei-Chou Chang, Tsung-Yun Hou. Remitting seronegative symmetrical synovitis with pitting edema following acute intracranial hemorrhage. Rheumatol Int. 2011; 31:101–4. (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang, Mu-Hsin Chang, Wei-Chou Chang. Isolated septic discitis associated with Streptococcus bovis bacteremia. South Med J. 2011; 104:375-7. (SCI)
- Deng‑Ho Yang, Chuan‑Chou Tu, Shou‑Cheng Wang, Cheng‑Chung Wei, Ya‑Wen Cheng. Circulating anti‑cyclic citrullinated peptide antibody in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Rheumatol Int 2014; 34:971–7. (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang, Tsay-I Chiang, I-Chang Chang, Fu-Huang Lin, Cheng-Chung Wei, Ya-Wen Cheng. Increased levels of circulating advanced glycation end-products in menopausal women with osteoporosis. Int J Med Sci 2014; 11: 453-60. (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang, Ling-Jun Ho, Jenn-Haung Lai. Useful biomarkers for assessment of hepatitis C virus infection-associated autoimmune disorders. World J Gastroenterol 2014; 20: 2962-70. (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang, Jing-Yang Huang, Jeng-Yuan Chiou and James Cheng-Chung Wei. Analysis of Socioeconomic Status in the Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018; 15: E1194. (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang and Meng-Yin Yang. Scrotal Pyoderma Gangrenosum Associated with Evans Syndrome. J Clin Med. 2018; 7 : E230. (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang and Meng-Yin Yang. The Role of Macrophage in the Pathogenesis of Osteoporosis. Int J Mol Sci. 2019;20: E2093. (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang, Pui-Ying Leong, Sung-Kien Sia, Yu-Hsun Wang and James Cheng-Chung Wei. Long-Term Hydroxychloroquine Therapy and Risk of Coronary Artery Disease in Patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. J Clin Med. 2019; 8: 796. (SCI)
- Deng-Ho Yang, Yu-Hsun Wang, Lung-Fa Pan, James Cheng-Chung Wei. Cardiovascular Protection of Hydroxychloroquine in Patients with Sjögren’s Syndrome. J Clin Med. 2020; 9:E3469. (SCI)
Current position: Chief, Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Department of Internal Medicine, Taichung Armed Forces General Hospital Director, Department...